Time seems to move at an excruciatingly slow pace when you are dealing with dental emergency. Dental emergencies include painful tooth that needs root canal treatments, an emergency extraction or accidents or trauma involving your teeth or mouth. If you develop unbearably sharp pain from any of the above dental emergencies, you need emergency dental treatment. It is advisable to seek dental treatment to improve the chance of saving the teeth or tooth and preventing infections becoming or occurring more serious. Emergency dentist services are meant to deal with serious dental issues that cannot wait until regular office hours.
Emergency dental clinics are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and treat dental emergencies outside of business hours.
Some emergency dental requirements
There are a few dental emergencies which would warrant a visit to the emergency dentist. Below are some problems that require immediate specialised professional attention to help save your teeth or fixtures from damage.
Decay or infection of the nerve, gum infection or wisdom tooth growing out can cause toothache. You need to consult emergency dentist to undergo root canal treatment or remove the tooth. This way you can prevent the condition from worsening.
Accident or trauma can damage your teeth severely. You can save your tooth even if it is knocked out by visiting the emergency dentist on time. Emergency dentists are there to treat you late night or during public holidays.
You are certain to experience excruciating pain if you have cracked, broken or dislodged teeth. This can be very discomforting dental emergency that need to be attended immediately. It is best to have the broken tooth looked at as early as possible. Emergency Dentist will be able to remedy or assist your emergency dental needs and help go through the options to save your tooth.
Dental emergencies require quick action to relieve pain and ensure best possible outcome for your dental health. It is not advisable to ignore pains and aches that come from your mouths. Dental pain doesn’t often subside and can even cause long term damage. Emergency dental clinics in Sydney are open on Saturdays and Sundays, giving you the autonomy you need to be seen on your schedule.
If you landed on this blog, you’re probably concerned about your child eating toothpaste.
Who wouldn’t be? Toothpaste isn’t something we are supposed to it. It is a chemical substance and should only be used to clean teeth. Right?
But, how much concerned should you be if your child swallows toothpaste? Does it affect your child’s health? How can you prevent your child from eating toothpaste? These are some questions that concerned parents find answers to.
So, here we have gathered some factual information on the matter of children eating toothpaste.
Many a time we are suffered with dental emergencies that require immediate attention. Issues like lost crown, broken teeth, swollen gums, broken denture and infected tooth can crop up at any time of the day. These issues can get worse, if not attended in time. What if you experience excruciating toothache or any dental discomfort during the night or public holidays?
Here the role of emergency dentist comes through for you. Professional emergency dentist can treat your dental problem quickly and effectively. They render complete peace of mind within seconds. Continue reading
Chewing gum is a favourite not only amongst kids but adults too like to chew that gristly, sugary confection.
But did you know your childhood favourite affects your dental health?
And it’s not just type of gum you chew but how often and how long you keep it in your mouth that concerns your oral health.
When we were younger, our parents have emphasized on the importance of oral hygiene and very often stopped us from eating sweet food. However, their lecture was always ignored and we did what we loved and ended up being in a misery of painful events during the nights. As we grew up we gradually realized the importance of maintaining a good oral hygiene as it leads to several infections and diseases.
Maintaining a good oral hygiene helps you maintain the whiteness of the teeth and prevent cavities and staining, thereby eliminating bad breath and odd taste. If you are looking forward for a healthier future, especially during old age then maintaining oral hygiene right from today should become your daily exercise. Continue reading
Dietary habits have a major impact on our oral health, we are all aware of the fact that consuming sugar excessively will cause dental complications like cavities and toothache. Moreover, the acids present in your usual day-to-day food can also have devastating effects on your oral health. When you start experiencing changes within your mouth like odd taste, bad breath and change in the colour of gums, these are the initial signs of dental infection. Such eating disorders might cause lingering disorders to your overall health as tooth infections lead to fever and headaches.
Here are few dental complications caused by eating disorders:
- Not taking right amount of nutrients—without proper nutritional intake your gums and other soft tissues inside the mouth will bleed easily. If you experience swollen gums and bleeding while brushing your teeth, then it’s a condition of chronic mouth. You might need a consultation with an emergency dentist. Food restriction is the major cause of dental complications among children, hence to avoid an emergency during non-working hours, it’s necessary to stay in touch with your nearest emergency dentists.
- Falling sick- Patients who are frequently vomiting usually notice changes in teeth colour, which is due to the vomit containing acids coming in contact with your mouth and the outer coating of the teeth. Other symptoms are decolouration and pulp death causing the edges of the teeth to become weak and fall-off easily.
Hence, it’s extremely important to consider oral health as important as other health and arming yourself with right information given by oral health specialists. Your nearest emergency dentist will guide you appropriately if you experience any dental symptoms.
If you or your loved ones are struggling with such eating disorders or teeth sensitivity, have a work with an emergency dentist in Sydney about ways to maintain oral health. For more information about dental care, visit here!
Apparently, oral health and hygiene has been linked with general health. To spread awareness about importance of dental health and its association with overall health among the people of the society, concerned dental clinics and oral health experts around Australia often organise community health programmes focused on oral disease prevention and health promotion.
But what about oral health in the workplace? Do you encourage dental hygiene among your employees?
Several studies have proved that healthier workforces tend to be more productive. With that fact in perspective, promoting oral hygiene in the workplace remains an essential aspect for both employees and employers.
How does your business benefit from oral health promotion in the workplace?
- A healthy work environment leaves employees more focused and hence, the business more productive.
- The promotion of healthy living and prevention of dental conditions and disease helps reduce workplace absence and disruption.
- Promotion of a healthy work culture and environment reflects positively on the reputation of the brand and company.
- Hale and hearty employees means reduced absenteeism and improved work performance.
- A healthy workplace contributes to improved staff morale and job satisfaction.
- Healthy employees yield higher return on training, and development investment.
Tips to promote oral health and hygiene among employees
- Circulate message, reminders and posters to encourage healthy dental habits and practices like brushing and flossing.
- Raise awareness on the importance of hydration and educate your staff about dirking water, tap water and fluoride.
- Encourage routine dental visits. Conducting free dental check-ups in the workplace is also a beneficial practice in terms of company culture, reputation and employees’ health.
- Encourage employees to participate in local oral health campaigns and seminars.
- Take measures to address drug, alcohol and smoking issues within the organisation.
- Provide practical advice and basic guideline for employees to deal with dental emergencies in the office premises.
- Insure the dental health of your employees with the service of an emergency dentist. Having an emergency dentist to contact or visit in case of a dental emergency ensures that the oral damage and work disruption is minimal.
Promoting dental health not only helps maintaining a healthy, motivated workforce but provides you with the opportunity to boost business performance and productivity.
So, keep your staff healthy and your business running smoothly.