Apparently, oral health and hygiene has been linked with general health. To spread awareness about importance of dental health and its association with overall health among the people of the society, concerned dental clinics and oral health experts around Australia often organise community health programmes focused on oral disease prevention and health promotion.
But what about oral health in the workplace? Do you encourage dental hygiene among your employees?
Several studies have proved that healthier workforces tend to be more productive. With that fact in perspective, promoting oral hygiene in the workplace remains an essential aspect for both employees and employers.
How does your business benefit from oral health promotion in the workplace?
- A healthy work environment leaves employees more focused and hence, the business more productive.
- The promotion of healthy living and prevention of dental conditions and disease helps reduce workplace absence and disruption.
- Promotion of a healthy work culture and environment reflects positively on the reputation of the brand and company.
- Hale and hearty employees means reduced absenteeism and improved work performance.
- A healthy workplace contributes to improved staff morale and job satisfaction.
- Healthy employees yield higher return on training, and development investment.
Tips to promote oral health and hygiene among employees
- Circulate message, reminders and posters to encourage healthy dental habits and practices like brushing and flossing.
- Raise awareness on the importance of hydration and educate your staff about dirking water, tap water and fluoride.
- Encourage routine dental visits. Conducting free dental check-ups in the workplace is also a beneficial practice in terms of company culture, reputation and employees’ health.
- Encourage employees to participate in local oral health campaigns and seminars.
- Take measures to address drug, alcohol and smoking issues within the organisation.
- Provide practical advice and basic guideline for employees to deal with dental emergencies in the office premises.
- Insure the dental health of your employees with the service of an emergency dentist. Having an emergency dentist to contact or visit in case of a dental emergency ensures that the oral damage and work disruption is minimal.
Promoting dental health not only helps maintaining a healthy, motivated workforce but provides you with the opportunity to boost business performance and productivity.
So, keep your staff healthy and your business running smoothly.